THE NEXT MIDEST WILL BE IN LYON
MIDEST, the international subcontracting show, will be staged as part of GLOBAL INDUSTRIE from 5th to 8th March 2019 at the Eurexpo Exhibition Centre, Lyons. A triumphant return to the Capital of the Gauls.
Fresh from the success of its Paris launch in March 2018 and the general satisfaction of all in the industry and the public authorities, GLOBAL INDUSTRIE is now coming to Lyon.
This will be the first time that France’s leading industrial region will have played host to an event of this scale that is totally dedicated to industry.
In 2019, GLOBAL INDUSTRIE will move to Lyon
Building on a success that was acclaimed in both France and abroad, GLOBAL INDUSTRIE is returning from 5th to 8th March 2019 and will be hosted this time by the Eurexpo Exhibition Centre in Lyon.
Lyon makes sense for a number of reasons:
- Alternating with Paris every other year allows a substantial fresh pool of visitors and therefore business opportunities to be tapped into.
- The Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region is one of the EU’s most important in terms of area, population and the wealth that is generated there as a result of it strategic position at the crossroads of Europe, its proximity to major markets, its competitiveness clusters, its living environment, and its young, active and growing population.
- It is a major industrial region. Its industry generates 18% added value compared with 14% for mainland France as a whole and it is involved in a diverse array of activities, and in particular in semi-finished goods and equipment with a strong emphasis on exports. It has strengths in many cutting-edge areas such as: machines, digital, electronic components, energy, pharmaceuticals and medical technologies, screw cutting, rubber/tyres, plastics, eco-technologies … The Michelin Group, which has its corporate headquarters in Clermont-Ferrand, is the region’s leading employer.
- INDUSTRIE was already being held every other year in Lyon with increasing success. In 2017 it attracted 24,934 visitors (+22%) and 1,006 exhibitors (+17%).
MIDEST at the heart of France’s mega industry event
GLOBAL INDUSTRIE is the result of the joint staging of 4 major, sector-leading French industry shows that have come together to create the major industry event that French industry and its public authorities have been calling for for so many years.
Held in Lyon in odd years and Paris in even ones, MIDEST will take place from 5th to 8th March 2019 at Eurexpo Lyon as part of GLOBAL INDUSTRIE, in conjunction with:
Ground plan for GLOBAL INDUSTRIE Lyons 2019
MIDEST, industrial subcontracting’s most extensive international network
Designed to act as a network and catalyst for the industry, it makes it possible to initiate, finalize and develop any opportunity for collaboration between those involved in the design and production of made to order parts or sub-assemblies.
Midest plays a decisive role in sourcing and in forging relationships between customers and subcontractors, who come together at a venue that is human in scale and friendly in atmosphere in order to:
- evaluate and adjust their panel of subcontractors,
- identify the right partners,
- forge contacts that are crucial to the success of their projects,
- learn about and discuss key industry topics,
- discover and understand technology trends and innovations.
A UNIQUE NETWORK
- 127 partners (institutions, media...)
- 1,360 subcontractors
- 16 sectors of activity:
Screw cutting - Machining – Special machines / Finishing, Thermal treatments, Surface treatments for metal processing / Industrial fastening / Forging – Foundry / Semi-finished products in metal processing- Metals – Processes / Shaping metals – Boilermaking / Processing Plastics - Rubber – Composites / Glass, Wood, Textiles and other materials / Electronic and Electricals / Microtechniques / Tooling - Moulds - Models – Prototypes / Industrial equipment and Accessories / Industry services / Industrial maintenance / Technical textiles / Additive manufacturing
AN INTERNATIONAL SHOW
- 40% of exhibitors international
- 38 counties represented
- 50 active foreign partner organizations
The hot themes in today’s industrial subcontracting trades are featured through a representative global array of exhibitors, special initiatives such as the Know-how Squares designed to help understand the current state of subcontracting, and the conference themes.